Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Emotions

Hell. I am seventeen years old. There's probably a reason people say you're too young to know what love is. You think you do...but you really don't. For example, threeish years ago I was completely and totally head over heels in love with this boy named...shall we say James? He was soooo amazing and I loved him, I'd do anything for him, blah blah blah. You know how the story goes. Anyways...looking back (and even then, although I was in denial) I know/knew that he was DEFINITELY not the one (although I convinced myself he just HAD to be). He didn't love me and we only dated for about a month. It took me a year and a half to get my head on straight and see things clearly. I look back and want to kick myself for all of that. HOWEVER, let us continue. When I finally TRULY got over James, I found someone else. And HE is the man of my dreams..truly. But the thing is..I'm not sure if I'm the girl of my dreams. You know what I mean. The girl I envisioned WITH this perfect guy..I just don't feel the way she feels. I love him. Completely. I'm just not SURE if I'm IN love with him the way it REALLY means. Now sure, people get married and are happily married for their whole lives, and their spouse isn't truly "the one". So yeah...it's possible, but is that REALLY what I want? This guy we'll call Matt, made me doubt because I loved his personality and how he treated me. He called me on my sh*t and he'd fight for me. I want to be fought for and you, my love, don't seem to care enough to do that. You love me. I know that. It's obvious. But it's a little different, showing your love and caring. So all in all...do I REALLY TRULY love him? Does he REALLY TRULY love me? Or do we just THINK we do? Just like I was completely in love with James... Lord help me. Is it even worth the pain and struggle?

No comments:

Post a Comment